Sales is an art, and some people are natural sales pros, and some acquire it through experience and training. A good sales man / woman will never try to push a product just for the sake of achieving their target, rather they try to understand the customer, his / her needs, and tries to play the role of a consultant to help the customer choose the right product or service that will solve their problem or fulfill a need.
Sales as a skill can be mastered by any individual who has a passion for sales consulting and by going through a structured training program or business conducted by a Sales consulting professional or company.
Some people have in born talent in their genes, but what makes the difference is what one makes with that talent, and nurtures it.
Different types of sales situations require different characteristics and skillsets. And an individual good at instant results, door to door situations may well not excel in a complex solution business to business environment where deals take many months and years and with complex decision making processes. And moving from one position to another in different markets may see help one fine tune their natural talents and become more professional.
Sales skills are most definitely made and not born. Humans are not born with an ability to understand buying drivers or complex needs. This understanding comes from application, focus, learning, training and commitment to grow as a great salesperson.
1.Have a positive attitude, and one needs to be on top of their game in key selling tasks like lead generation, prospecting, meeting, presentation, negotiation etc.
2.Have belief in your ability to close a sale, if you believe and work towards it you can achieve.
3. Care about your clients. Many clients avoid salespeople because of some past bitter experiences, Adopt a caring and concerned approach to solve a client’s problem.
4. Sets you goals really high and ambitious.
5.Act on your tasks and goals and step out and pursue them with fervor.
6. Learn to listen and pay attention to what your client is saying before rushing and pushing him to take up your offering. Listening is one of biggest skills required for a successful sales professional.
7. And ask a lot of questions to truly understand the client’s requirement and do your homework before even calling the client to ask for an appointment.
8. Value add to the client. Every successful sales professional knows and practices to sell on value than on price. The client should feel he is getting a great value for the money he is going pay to you / your organization.
9. Have a consultative approach to a client, and before recommending a solution ask your, is this the right solution to my client’s problem and will it solve it. Offer it only when you are convinced about the same and having this kind of approach will win your client’s patronage for life.
10. Keep learning by attending training session, reading books, attending conferences and seminars connected with your trade to be ahead in your domain and stay relevant.
Do reach out to us help you groom you Sales teams, and make them relevant in today’s highly competitive environment, by leveraging our Sales training module, and grow your business through our Sales Consulting Solutions for Outsourced Geo Expansion solutions, and allied sales support services.